Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

One stamp, Two colours

With flower gardens coming into bloom more and more, I find myself inspired by the colours and beauty, therefore for my card today I used the lovely Elements of Style stamp set. I stamped the image with Melon Mambo which is one of my favourite colours from the brights collection, then thought, hmmm...it really needs more colour, so I very lightly inked the stamp with Elegant Eggplant. Pretty, eh? My layer is Melon Mambo cardstock and the base of Elegant Eggplant was run through my Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder. Using a stamp from the same set, I stamped the sentiment, used my large oval punch, then my scallop oval. Oh...and you aren't seeing things; the layered image isn't centered top to bottom evenly on purpose...what a rebel I am!


Tip: I've learned, thankfully not from a bad experience, when using two different colours on one stamp, always stamp the lightest colour first. Light colours won't ruin a dark ink pad, but the opposite will.

No comments:

Post a Comment