Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Field Flowers Birthday Card

It's a bright and sunny cold winter day here in southern Ontario and I'm thinking of the flowers that will pop up in my garden in the spring. 

With flowers in mind, my card for you today uses one of my favourite stamp sets, Field Flowers.  I love the detail in the flower! I CASE'd the general format of the card and then added a few of my own touches.  As far as I know, this technique is called Colour Blocking.  It's a really cool technique because I get a unique result each time!  Unlimited possibilites!  

Here's how I made this card: I inked up my Clear-Mount Block 'C' three separate times, cleaning it thoroughly between inking.  I chose 2011-2013 In Colors Color Lucky Limeade, Pool Party and Wisteria Wonder overlapping the colours on the Whisper White layer.  The Field Flowers image was stamped in Night of Navy and used my Eyelet Border punch to add a delicate look to the card.  The Birthday Wishes sentiment, which I stamped in Night of Navy, is from the Bring on the Cake set.  It love the font; it's so elegant!  Next, I punched the sentiment using my Extra-Large Oval punch and then another oval in Night of Navy cardstock, layered them together and used dimensionals to add depth.The base of my card is in Night of Navy cardstock.  I'm already thinking of more uses for this versatile stamp set!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this card, Sandy! The colour blocking is perfect...I always forget to use my clearmount blocks to stamp with...and Field Flowers is one of my fav's too! Great job on a super pretty card!

    ReplyDelete