Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

A Duck, Swan and a Sheep walk into....

...my yard.  I have lots of pics to share with you today; the first few of a lovely duck who has taken up residence just below my front porch. 

I
Isn't she lovely!  I'll have to do some research to see when to expect the arrival of the duckings.  
Did I mention there are 9 eggs? 


On to the swans.  Okay...they're quilled swans...



As much as I love white on white cards, which I tried, but the swans were totally lost on them. 
 I chose these awesome colours - Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, and Island Indigo.  Whisper White rounds out the base colours.  
You'll notice the swans don't look exactly alike and that's because when I quill, I let the paper direct me.  When I had finished the quilling I took a look at each of the swans, 50 by the way, and they were each unique differently.  Dare I say they had their own personalities!!
To complete the cards, I used:
Square lattice and Perfect Polka Dot Embossing folders
Frame, Oval Scallop Bigz Die
Labels Collection Framelits
Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
Adhesives: Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Dimensionals


The Sheep Story

I woke early one morning and brrrr it was cold in my room, so I stumbled over to my open window, pushed aside the curtain in order to close the window, and I spot something in my yard.  It wasn't quite light out and although I have bionic eyes (thanks to laser eye surgery), I wasn't clearly focusing.  Anyway, to my amazement there was a sheep in my yard.  Um...so what's a sheep doing in my backyard?  I do live in the city!  Wiping the sleepy-dirt out of my eyes, I'm now really straining to see this sheep and I'm so confuzzled (yes, that's a work in my dictionary)....then...

.oh....DUH....

...it's my rain water barrel. We drained it before winter, leaving it lighter than usual and at the mercy of a big 'ol wind storm.  So there it was, blown from it's perch close to my house, and now on it's side in my backyard...looking like a 'sheep'...really.  I love that story!!  LOL


 
 



3 comments:

  1. LOL!! Your story mde me laugh, Sandy! So glad you got your swans done in time...they are unbelievable! Can't wait to see photos of those cute baby ducks when they hatch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cards turned out really nice with your colour combos Sandy. So much "fussy work", but they are outstanding! By-the-way, I almost spit my coffee out reading your sheep story. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leena and Steph, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed my story....oh hehehe...and that you like my swans.

    ReplyDelete